Saturday, June 16, 2007

Flying High Part 1


This was the Taipei I saw.. It just kept raining..


Saw this in the MTR, Peace and Love, for dear.


New and interesting Spiral Chips [Cheese flavor]


Trying out the desserts [Mango Milk Ice]

Recently just came back from Taipei and Hong Kong with my hmmm.. gf. So definitely have to post up some interestings things that i've seen and noticed during the trip.

Its a pity that in my 4D3N in Taipei, most of the time it was raining and it became quite a problem for us to move around especially when we need to walk from place to place without shelters most of the time. Every night I came back to the hotel with sore feet.


Throughout the time in Taipei, I drank milk tea most of the time, those pearl milk tea sold from shops and stalls, those endorsed by various artistes, I was spoilt for choices when it came to beverages. They were cheap and absolutely delicious. The fried chicken cultet is so much bigger in Taipei and crispy on the outside, tender and juicy on the inside. I saw a lot of sushi restaurants too. Ate at the restaurant endorsed by Hei Se Hui Mei Mei, good food at cheap price, no matter what you take, sashimi or what, its NT$30 (S$1.50) per plate. Green tea is free. Excellent service with no service charge or GST, all nett prices. Went to Shilin Night market too, was quite a big place to eat, but realise that they all sell almost the same things, so got a bit sian after a while.

Did most of the shopping in Taipei, busy buying presents for friends and clothes for myself. Went to a fun shop that sell novelty chocolate and other candies in funny packagings. Also bought latest shirts from levis, and nice cool summer wear from A&F. Not only that, I went to Rose Records and bought my sister her birthday gift, Hei Se Hui Mei Mei DVD and Lollipop Autographed DVD. I guess she is the greatest winner out of this trip. But i bought myself Jolin's Di Cai DVD too. Watched it and find that JOlin's success didnt come so easily. But thats another story already.

The time spent in Taipei was pleasant except from the scare i got when gf suffered an asthma attack that freaked the daylight out of me! Somemore i have to administer the dosage. I din dare to sleep until she felt asleep again. And also 2nd night when we had a great quarrel that we ended up blasting off at each other. I almost wanted to just leave and return home. I simply cant stand it!

Realise that the people there are in a way better than us. When they take the escalator, they would all keep to the right, the left is only for people who are rushing for time and need to overtake. I saw a guy pulling his younger brother to the right when the latter was blocking the way. In S'pore, people just stand on the right or left or center, blocking the way of people who are rushing for time. On their MRT, they would give seats readily to those who are in need, that is still rarely seen in S'pore. They are disciplined and considerate in that sort of way. I like Taipei very much because its Chinese you see everywhere and you can speak their language, so it very much felt like home.


Saw this stall at Shilin Market, Jesus Love You


Swinging chairs in the restaurant~! Swinging and eating~

No comments: