Saturday, July 28, 2007

He was right

Yesterday was last chapter of one phase of my life, the relief teaching part.

It ended with a touching scene which i least expected. I was there for my one and only early lesson and was greeted my Mdm Goh and Mrs Tong. They told me they wanted to go for lunch with me on Thurs but i wasn't in school because of QET. And they have a tight schedule on yesterday so they had to give it a miss..I haven't told you the best part... However, they bought me a big box of rochers with a 'Thank You' note, Mdm Goh was saying that i bothered to send her a document even during my holidays and was very grateful. As for me, i've already forgotten about that incident and this made me realise a good deed or a good help goes a long way.I haven't told you the best part, and they shook my hands and wish me all the best when transiting into a new phase of my life. I could really cry at that moment, as i receive recognition from 2 seniors teachers who think that i have done a good job.

I haven't told you the best part yet.. Both of them were discussing about the carbon to hydrogen ratio and i was listening at the side and soon after that, i was included in the conversation. They starting flipping their books and explain to me what is it about and stuffs. Teachers, always willing to share knowledge and information. And now still, the best part, so Mdm Goh passed her book to me to read up on it and told me that i can have the book.. Oh my gosh, it is a freaking Organic Chem Textbook! She said that she has another edition at home so i can have it since i'll be taking chemistry. I was so touched, that this is a teacher that i only know for 4-5 months and she has never taught me, she actually give me such a good gift for my university! Mrs Tong then further explain the concept and wrote for me formulas to check for no. of unsaturation using the ratio, telling me how fortunate the school is to have me and hope that i can go back every holiday to teach. Isn't that really nice? har...

Relating this incident to last year, when i was still angry with God, that why nothing is going right in my life, especially job finding, that i don't seem to be able to get a job, whether is it the TCC job, or relief in my old secondary school, they were all nip in the bud. Only until the last day of the year, i was informed to go for interview at Woodgrove Primary at the beginning of school term. It wasn't my ideal idea teaching a primary school or going to Woodlands to teach, but it was there where life changing incidents happen. That experience moulded me and my passion to teach and enrich the students. And i aspire to be a teacher who can interact well with the students but at the same time, able to teach them the right knowledge and skills, disciplining them in the correct manner. And from Woodgrove to PJC, they were all a different experience altogether, but both tell me that i'm in the right track. Thank you, Father, know you have a way for me. I just wasn't brave and strong enough to execute it. I will, next time. =]

And have i told you the best part? [taken from Lisa from Simpsons]


Rochers and textbook..

No comments: